Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Why I Love a Small Town

I love living in a small town. Sometimes it's frustrating because everyone knows everybody's business. For instance - I had a job interview last Thursday....by Saturday I had received a phone call from someone wanting my job at the school.....by Monday it was all over town that I was leaving the school (I have to keep telling people it was just an interview!) Tell one person something and within a few days, it's all over! LOL

But tonight Andy and I spent our evening on a bike ride. We stopped by our church to watch the little kids having a bike-a-thon to raise money for camp. While there I "babysat" one of the girl's new pet turtle that she just found yesterday.

Then we rode to the ballpark and watched the 6, 7 and 8 year-olds play t-ball....it's more fun watching the parents! Half of the town was there cheering those kids on.

Then we rode our bikes home, watered our flowers, and are enjoying a quiet evening.

I love living in a small town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure your small town is really nice.

I love going out my parents, they live out in the country.

:0) ~Renae~ :0)