Monday, June 12, 2006

A Vent - Just need to get it off my chest.

I love my husband's family. I love his mother; I love his brothers; and I love his three sisters. We all get along really well.

But I have an issue with them. They all - at one time- attended church. None of them do now. That is their business, not mine. I almost never discuss church with them unless one of them brings it up.

There are several grandchildren and neices/nephews in the family. Several of them have participated in sports over the years in school. "The Family" never misses a ballgame. One of the great-grandchildren is now playing T-ball...everyone goes to the ballgame.

In the 12 years that we have lived back in Indiana, my girls have been very involved in church activities and no sports. They have been in Christmas plays and Easter plays every year. How many times do you think Andy's family has come to see them in their church programs? I think one of Andy's sisters came once.

It's always bothered me, but I've always let it go. I figure they don't want to go to church activities because it makes them feel guilty about not attending.

I don't know when Bailey came to this realization - maybe it's because there's a t-ball game tonight and we just got the "reminder" phone call to go watch. But, with tears in her eyes, she just said "Why does everyone drop what they're doing when there's a game, but no one ever comes to watch me when my drama team performs at church?"

I wish I had an answer for her.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Mean people suck. It's worse when our children realize it and we have no reasonable excuse to give for it. Hugs to you and Bailey.

daionara said...

Oh Bailey, bless her sweet heart. Shame on them for making her feel like that. I think I may not be attending some sports events because they don't show the same appreciation for Bailey and SHE'S awesome!

Anonymous said...

Poor Bailey!
Don't let their attitudes affect you.
:0) ~Rena~ :0)