Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A party for moi?!

The maintenance staff (okay, better known as janitors) threw me a little going away party today. They had pizza, a cake, and a little gift for me. During the summers, we are the only ones there so we have gotten quite close. It was so sweet of them....also bittersweet. I just wanted to cry - the cake had an angel on it...very sweet! I'll really miss them - they feed me all summer! LOL

We are leaving for Arkansas on Friday after we get home from work. We're going to be staying with my parents for a week. Mom is retiring, so the water company is throwing her a big bash Saturday night that she doesn't know about. She knows that Andy, Bailey and I are coming down, but she doesn't know that both of my brothers, their spouses, and my sister and her husband are coming as well. We are going to suggest "Western Sizzlin" for supper Saturday evening and when we get there, everyone else will already be there waiting. I think there are supposed to be about 65 people there in total. I can't wait to see the look on her face - she will be shocked when she sees my siblings there. I hope we pull this off without letting anything slip and ruining the surprise!

2 comments:

daionara said...

That was sooo sweet of them!

Anonymous said...

Hownice of them! Of course someone would have aparty for you!
:0) ~Renae~ :0)