Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Job Update....

which really isn't an update at all. I got a call on Friday - she is checking references on the candidates and will make a decision mid-week this week. I'm hoping to hear something at least by Thursday. But I do know that none of my references have been called yet. Blech.

In the meantime, the superintendent has decided that if I leave he will not be replacing me. He is going to "break up" my duties and assign them to other people. He already has it in his brain that the school only needs one secretary. So here's the catch.....if I decide to stay, I'm sure he'll let me keep my position - but I can almost guarantee that he'll dissolve the elementary secretary's job and offer her an aide position instead. She's a really good friend of mine and it would be really crappy for him to do that to her. But he'll do it in a heartbeat. Plus - he'll give me part of her duties...can we say "added stress" to an already stressful position? I really wish word hadn't gotten out about me interviewing at the hospital, but we can't go back and undo what's already been done.

Ashley and Guy are both on vacation this week - I haven't seen Colin since Saturday evening....I think I'm having withdrawals! LOL I'm used to seeing him almost every day....guess I'll have to call and see if I can have him for a few hours.

Not much else to report. It's the 4th of July - Andy's at work and Bailey's getting ready to go to work, so I'll have the house to myself for a couple of hours. I don't think we have any plans for tonight. Our church had a cook-out last night and watched some pretty awesome fireworks. So tonight we may just stay in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have some good news about the job tomorrow.

((hugs)) for missing Colin, you will justhave to spoil him more when you have him next.:0)

:0) ~Renae~ :0)