Sunday, May 21, 2006

Whew! What a day!

We are having a different theme each Sunday morning this month and today was my day to "be in charge". We had Spirit Day and people came dressed in their favorite sports team's gear. It was really neat to see all the different teams represented. I was even able to borrow the pompons and some of the athletic uniforms from school. My class did a skit and then the children's choir did a song we had practiced.

Then it was back home to get the program ready for pre-school graduation tonight and to try to put the kitchen back together. We just finished painting the walls last weekend and have spent the week painting the cabinets. It was a lot of work but it looks so good! I'm going to decorate in a Snoopy theme, since I already have tons of Snoopy stuff.

The youth choir was singing at the pre-school graduation and right before we left Bailey started complaining that her right eye was bothering her. By the time the program was over it was obvious she has a case of pinkeye. Of course, there's no way to get her into the doctor this evening unless we went to the emergency room. Tomorrow is honor day at school and she is being presented with 3 scholarships (that we know of) so she definitely doesn't want to miss in the morning. I called the pharmacy and they told me there is an OTC med that would get her through until after the honor program. So we ran to the pharmacy and picked it up. I also read on the internet to place a damp/cool chamomile teabag over the eye, so we've done that, too. It was really bothering her when she went to bed...I hope it's not worse in the morning.

We did have a beautiful day weather-wise. My flowers are looking really good, except for my marigolds. Something is eating part of them and I can't figure out what. I had replace about 6 of them yesterday. I gave them a good drink of Miracle Grow - hopefully that will help.

So anyway, after my very busy day today, I finally had a moment to relax on the couch with the dog after Andy and Bailey were in bed asleep when all of a sudden.....swoosh! A bat flies right by my head. I scream. I run for Andy. And he comes to my rescue, again. He was able to catch the bat and let it go outside. Stupid bat.

4 comments:

Renee said...

A BAT?! In the house?!!! I would have freaked! Glad Andy got it out of there for you. Hope Bailey is feeling better soon too. :)

Anonymous said...

Bats!!
Hopefully Andy can figure out where they get in from.

Hope Bailey's eye is better today, pink eye is no fun!

Will Bailey find out about the scholarships tonight? 3 Scholarships Yay for her!Beauty and Brains can't beat that.

Your kitchen will look great when you are done with it.


:0) ~Renae~ :0)

Kat said...

Ew. That is my worst nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more about the awards program. Go Bailey!