Thursday, May 25, 2006

I work well under pressure.....

It's 8:42 PM, the night before graduation and I'm still not ready. But I'm "almost" ready. I just finished scrubbing down the bathroom. My sister is coming tomorrow to pick up the rest of the house. Basically I just need to straighten up the kitchen and type up the baccalaureate program (the parents are hosting it).

I also need to get a few more things together to have on "display" at her open house tomorrow night. But that shouldn't take too long, either. Ugh...I'm such a procrastinator!

My day started with coffee with Andy, when out of the blue he says "So, this is Bailey's last day, huh?". What?! I immediately started crying. She walks through the kitchen and goes into the bathroom. I follow. I gave her a hug and told her I loved her. She goes back to the kitchen and I hear her tell Andy "Mom's in there crying"....you could practically hear her eyes rolling!

Then another cry right after lunch when someone asks me how I'm handling this. And then, of course, another cry at graduation rehearsal.

Oh well, this time tomorrow night it will be over and we will be celebrating. :-)

2 comments:

Kat said...

There, there Teresa! I think you need a vacation after graduation is finished...just you and Andy - alone, on the beach. Yeah, that sounds good to me!

Anonymous said...

By the time you read this Bailey will officallly be a High School Graduate!

I am sure the ceremony went well, I am sure she looked beautiful and certain you had it all together & everything was perfect for you!

:0) ~Renae~ :0)