Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Waiting Game

I'm an impatient person. I want to know if we are going to be moving NOW. I'm not as impatient as Kim, though, the lady who we are hoping to trade houses with. Kim is completely packed and their family is living out of boxes. Her, her husband and their 3 children....living out of boxes. And every time I talk to her, she asks "Are you packed yet?". While I have complete faith that this is going to work out, I'm also a realist and know that anything can happen. I'm not going to pack up, have everything fall apart, and then have to unpack.

I am also on the prowl for a big dog already. One of the local shelters has a golden retriever that I want, but they won't hold him for me. I told Kim about him and she said "Go ahead and get him and bring him out here.....I'll take care of him for you until we all move." Again.....she's very optimistic.

And then there's the girls. Bailey and Ashley. Both were unhappy when we told them about this. Bailey has come around, but Ashley is just sad. Sad that we are leaving the house that they grew up in. And it is sad.....but this old house is simply too big for us. Especially once Bailey leaves, which she eventually will. And we keep thinking of all the great things we can do with a house in the country......fish in the pond....have weenie roasts on the weekend....take the boys out in the woods. I am so excited.....I just can't wait!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I hope you hear good news soon!