Saturday, March 08, 2008

Update on Us

It's been a while so here goes......

It looks like we may be moving. We have wanted a home in the country for a long time, but have been hesitant about putting ours up for sale. What if ours sold and we couldn't find a place we wanted? Plus, we're mortgage free.....and we don't want to go into debt.

Enter winter weather.......After a recent bout of ice/sleet, a young man's truck slides off the road. Andy is the responding officer. As they sit in Andy's car, waiting for the wrecker to come, they strike up a conversation. We have a house in town and are looking for a house in the country, they have a house in the country and are looking for a house in town.

The paperwork is being processed as I type this for us to do an even "swap". If you read this, please say a prayer for everything to work out.

In other news.....I convinced Andy to let me buy a new car, a 2007 Ford Fusion which I absolutely love. That sounds bad, doesn't it? That he "let" me buy a car? Okay, "let" isn't the word I should use. It was a mutually agreed upon decision which transpired after much whining, harassing and otherwise I'm-not-going-to-shut-up-until-I-am-driving-a-Fusion banter.

This morning we woke up to 7 1/2 inches of snow and by noon it was 11 inches. Yay! I love snow but I'd really rather have it in December. Not March. Not when spring break is only 2 weeks away.

Ah yes, spring break. We are heading to Arkansas to visit my parents for a week......and we are taking Colin with us. He's four now and I know we'll have so much fun with him in tow. Of course, that's easy for me to say. When Andy's around, I don't exist in Colin's world.....it's all ab0ut "Papaw". So it will probably be Andy who will be doing most of the youngster-minding.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Oh my gosh! What a huge transition, if everything goes as planned. Is the house bigger/smaller? Are you planning on taking some of your plants? There are so many questions!!!

I also can not believe that Colin is 4.

Teresa said...

The house is a modular and has the same number of rooms as our current house, but they are smaller. Except for the master bedroom and bath, which are much larger. Bailey is getting a much, much smaller bedroom, which bothers me, but in the words of Andy...."She's not going live with us forever, is she?" LOL