Tuesday, November 27, 2007

That which was lost is found.....

Bailey came downstairs at 5:30 this morning, eyes swollen from crying and announces she has something she has to tell me. She has lost my engagement ring. The one Andy gave me 26 years ago this month when he asked me to marry him. She had found it in my jewelry box months ago and asked if she could wear it and I told her yes.

We retraced her steps (she had already torn her room and bathroom apart) and she remembered having it at Starbucks last Friday. She was in the bathroom and took it off to wash her hands (who takes off their rings to wash their hands?!). She thinks she left it on the sink.

So I call Starbucks at 6:00 am. Chris tells me they did find a ring, but she can't get into the safe to see if it's the same one. She tells me to call back at 10:00. I call back at 10:00 and talk to Chris again. They get into the safe, I describe the ring, and yes! It's MY ring!

I picked it up after work today and literally broke down in tears when they handed it to me. They have no idea who the honest soul was that turned it in, but I am forever grateful to that person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you got your ring back! God bless the honest person who turned it in. Maybe you could put a small note of thanks in the local paper where Starbucks is located, thanking that person for their honesty. :)

Debbie said...

Praise to God and blessings to the honest 'finder' who didn't become the 'keeper'.
A newspaper Thank You is a great idea!