Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Flowers galore.....

I've been busy planting lots of flowers in my new humongous yard! So far I have....

a bed of red, white and purple wave petunias

a bed of marigolds, lavendar, Mexican heather and daisies, but our new dog, Daisy, has pretty much destroyed those marigolds

a bed of white and pink impatiens....which I noticed this morning Daisy has made a bed in

a bed of marigolds around a purple clematis

4 large pots of red and white geraniums

and from seeds which aren't blooming yet: sunflowers, wild flowers, more lavendar, daisies, morning glories, zinnias, alyssum, etc....I'm sure I'm forgetting something

We also sit and watch a deer most evenings come out from the woods to get a drink from the pond. We have lots of finches and birds at our feeders, although only a few hummingbirds. I've seen two coyotes and "heard" what I'm told was probably a wild boar.

I am absolutely loving living in the country. We should have done this years ago!

1 comment:

Kat said...

You need to post some pictures of all those flowers - and Daisy in them!