Saturday, May 26, 2007

A little disappointed (okay...a LOT disappointed!)

My parents always come up over Memorial Day Weekend from Arkansas and spend the week at our house. It's always hectic week with lots of company, but I love it. I've been incredibly homesick lately to see Mom and was especially looking forward to them coming this weekend.

But.....they've had a family emergency and are unable to come. When I refer to "my parents", it's actually my mom and step-dad, William.....but he has been more of a father to me than my biological one.

Anyway, his sister-in-law has cancer and isn't expected to live. She was married to William's brother, Raymond, who died suddenly a few years ago. Mom and William are very close to her and don't feel that they can leave her at this time. In fact, Mom just called and said she is worse and is not expected to make it through the night.

If you read this, whisper a prayer for Donna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers said for Donna...and hugs to 'me lady.